Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What type of paint should I use to paint shoes? Can I use a spray?

it depends on the material on the shoes. if they are canvas, go with fabric paint (the kind that comes in the little squeezy bottles at craft stores). but if they are leather then spray paint will work a lot better and is less likely to flake off. dont use acrylic or tempera. acrylic will flake off almost immediately when it dries on leather, and on cloth it makes it stiff and inflexible. tempera comes off with water, so thats an obvious no.

What type of paint should I use to paint shoes? Can I use a spray?
Honestly, I would use a Sharpie. But, thats just me. If you have canvas shoes, (one of my teachers told me this... Im not quite sure why...) you can go to a Payless Shoe store, and ask if they can dye your shoes.





(Hope that helps.)



windows

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

used shoes Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting